Professional Acting Audition Course
Would you like to improve your audition technique and feel more confident? Do you want to learn how to get more work, secure employment and gain more experience as a professional or aspiring performer?
Acting Out Drama School's Acting Audition Course is designed for actors who are currently auditioning in the Theatre, Film, TV, Radio and Voice-Over Industries. This course is also suitable for buddying actors who have yet to break into the scene.
Working with Professional Industry Experts and Coaches from Acting Out Drama School, you will be trained in a supportive and professional environment covering useful training methods, general tips, advice and mock auditions.
The main topics covered in this course are:
Theatre Audition Technique
Film & TV Audition Technique
Radio Drama Audition Technique
Voice-Over Audition Technique
Recording and Editing your Work
Working in a Professional Studio
Understanding the Industry
Learning how to gain Professional Work
You’ll also cover Characterisation, Sight-Reading, Vocal Technique, Improvisation and Mock Auditions.
Individual feedback is given throughout the course.
The very last session is held in a professional recording studio where you learn how to record and edit your own voice-over/radio pieces. You will also take home a professional track which has been professionally recorded and edited in the studio.
The class is fun and professional with around only 12 students per course.
There are a mixture of individuals from all performing backgrounds and ages. Most enrol to improve their acting audition ability and gain the knowledge and the motivation to actually seek and get employment.
Full Professional Voice-Reels available at a discounted cost for all Acting Out Graduates of the Acting Audition Course.
You get more than just a drama class with Acting Out Drama School
Your Tuition Fee Includes:
- Certified Course with Education Scotland (CPD PLFind)
- A Professional Voice-Reel Track Demo
-Time in a Professional Studio
- Excellent Tuition and training from professional directors and coaches
- Set Weeks of Training and Performing in the Theatre and Studio (+ homework)
- Individual Feedback Discounted
-Professional Voice-Reel Opportunities (payable to studio)
-Professional Headshot Opportunities (payable to photographer)
- NUS Student Card (payable to NUS)
- Casting Opportunities
- Pathways and Guidance to progressing up to the Performing Courses, Acting for Film & TV Course and Professional Acting Courses
Tuesday 30th April - 25th June (running every Tuesday)
6pm - 8pm
Theatre and Studio, Augustine United Church, 41 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1EL
Please note, the last session takes place in a professional studio and is likely to run for 3 or 4 hours
By the end of the course students will have:
- Improved their existing audition skills and confidence
- Developed a sound audition practice
- Explored the fundamentals of Characterisation and Improvisation relating to auditions
- Practiced and received feedback on Mock Auditions in the Theatre, Film, TV, Radio and Voice-over Industry
- Visited and Worked in a Professional Studio
- Received a Professionally Edited and Recorded Voice-over Track
- Learned tips and tools as to how to gain Professional Work
- Received Guidance, Recommendations and Opportunities for further training and advice on how to complete their Professional Profile