Advanced Acting Course
Looking to become a professional actor? Are you already trained or experienced and would like to keep your skills sharp and your network strong?
A bespoke course of around 12 students. The Advanced Acting Course is designed to train at a high level in acting and performing during one evening per week, plus homework and showcase performances to agents.
Work with leading directors and acting coaches such as John Mitchell (former associate director of the Traverse Theatre) Clare Cairns (Founder and Director of Acting Out), Marion Geoffray (Film and TV Director) and in the past Philippos Philippous (award winning writer and director from the National Theatre of Greece).
Terms vary depending on the expert coach, the director, the class and the objective set for each term. In the past students have covered Stanislavski, Michael Chekhov, Adler, Hagen, Strasberg, Meisner, Mamet and many different Theatre Art Forms.
As each term is different students enrol term after term, making places very competitive.
Acting Out wishes to enrol the most able and qualified students for this course. All students should meet the demands of the course and achieve the necessary standard required.
Entry by audition or invitation from Intermediate Acting & Performance Level Two only
You get more than just an Acting Course with Acting Out Drama School
Your Tuition Fee Includes:
-Certified Course with Education Scotland (CPD PLFind)
- Excellent Tuition and training from professional directors and coaches
- Many hours of Training and Performing in Class & The Theatre
- A Bespoke Course of around 12 students
- A Director and normally an Assistant Director for your Performance
- Agency attended performance in the Theatre
- Pathways and Guidance to progressing towards Professional Training
- Feedback on your performance by your Director and Acting Coach
- Homework and Extra Materials outside of class time
- Casting Opportunities
- NUS Student Card (payable to NUS)
- Payment Plans for Early Bookings
(averaging at only £9 per hour)
Entry is by audition only. Make sure you have successfully passed your audition before you book your place. If we have worked with you before, you may be awarded a place without audition. Please email us on request.
With Public Performance
Wednesday 30th January - Wednesday 26th June 2019 (running every Wednesday)
8pm - 10pm
Murrayfield Church, 2B Ormidale Terrace, Edinburgh EH12 6EQ
Show is on Friday 21st June (actors in from approx. 4pm - 11pm).
Extra Rehearsals are on Wednesday 3rd April (6:30pm - 10pm), Wednesday 19th June (6pm - 10pm).
Off on Wednesday 10th, 2019
Around 12 people per class only