Directing & Devising Diploma (ATCL)
-HND UNIT EQUIVALENT -
A One-Year, Part-Time Course for Professional Director & Theatre Creating Training. Distance Learning available
THE DIRECTING COURSE
This Part-Time, Distant Learning Directing & Devising Course is a Diploma which lasts only One Year. The Course is Distant Learning with a minimum of 7 Residential Sessions in Edinburgh spread out over 9 months.
During the year you will cover the main skills of Directing and Devising, working with Artistic Director from the Traverse Theatre, Orla O'Loughlin as well former Associate Director of the Traverse Theatre, John Mitchell and other leading Directors and Coaches of today.
You will also explore other Theatre Art Forms, including acting and writing.
You will have at least seven full day lessons throughout the year by expert coaches, directors and practitioners.
Practical lectures and advice in the directing business are also included so you are kept up-to-date with current industry requirements and practice.
As Acting Out Drama School is connected to new writers and directors, you will also get the chance to work with some highly successful and award winning artists.
As well as the excellent training you would expect from an accredited Trinity College London and Acting Out Drama School Centre you will also receive:
- An ATCL Performing Arts Qualification (a Foundation Degree in England, equivalent to an SQA HND unit)
- Expert Training from professional performers and teachers.
- Work with Award Winning and Successful Professionals
- Professional CV
- Excellent Facilities in the centre of town
- An NUS Student Card
- Opportunities for Professional Head-shots
- Opportunities for Spotlight Membership
- Opportunities for Equity Membership