This policy complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union, effective from 25th May 2018.
Acting Out Drama School (AODS) is committed to ensuring that all members of our community have their privacy respected at all levels. We aim to provide transparency in the way we conduct our services, including the way we use your data. AODS will only use your data to ensure that you are receiving the most relevant information specific to your account with us, your bookings for courses, private coaching sessions and workshops, and upcoming courses that may be of interest.
What personal information do we hold?
When you enrol on our courses, private coaching sessions, workshops and children’s parties, we require a basic level of information to provide you with a great experience:
- Your name
- Your child’s name (for a Kids course or children’s party)
- Your address
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- Nominated emergency contact name, phone number and relationship to you
- Any medical condition you wish us to make us aware of
- Your consent to our Terms & Conditions (which you read before booking). These terms and conditions are also available on our website.
For workshops and children’s parties we may collect additional information such as the theme, and the expected number of attendees, but none of this is Personal Data.
What do we do with this information?
- The above information is stored so that if we need to contact you regarding your booking or your account, or if we need to communicate with the nominated contact in an emergency, we can do so in a timely manner.
- AODS has a Business Account with each of the two Payment Processing Companies, STRIPE and PAYPAL. Typically, if you pay upfront as part of the enrolment process, STRIPE is used; or if we invoice you, PAYPAL is used. In either case, your payment transactions are securely stored within the AODS Business Account of the Payment Processing Company. We then extract your payment transactions and store them within Your Account on our own internal AODS system.
- Your name and email address are added to our mailing list, which is used from time to time to inform you by email about upcoming courses that may be of interest, or important changes to upcoming courses. You may unsubscribe at any time simply by selecting unsubscribe when you receive an email from our mailing list system (Mail Chimp), and you will be removed from the mailing list.
- We will never share your personal data with a third party outside Acting Out Drama School unless essential to your / the student's education and career prospects. For example, we work with other schools and organisations for the purpose of exams, qualifications and shows.
- Your class teacher may wish to share your email address with your fellow students for communication purposes, in which case your class teacher will request your permission to do this.
- For the purpose of Programme which we print for Performances, your first and last name may be used with a brief biography of your performing work. We can use your professional stage name (approved by Equity) if you inform your class teacher in writing before they go to print.
We will never use your data in any way other than the above.
Film and photographic images
AODS will from time to time take photographs of students during class time and during show time. Selected photographs may be uploaded to the AODS website and media channels to provide a visual representation of the courses.
AODS will from time to time take film footage of students during certain classes, which is then used as a feedback mechanism to enable the students to observe their performance. Selected footage may be uploaded to the AODS website and media channels to provide a visual representation of the courses.
Additionally, it is normal for AODS to hire an external professional photographer / videographer to take photographs and/or film footage of students during show time. These are then made available for students (or their parents) to procure.
By enrolling yourself or your child or some other person, you / they are presumed to agree to the above conditions which are intrinsic to the running of a Performing Arts school and so there is no “opt out”.
Where is my information stored?
The information you provide at enrolment, and your payment transactions, are stored within the AODS Business Account of the Payment Processing Company, and also within Your Account on our own internal AODS system.
The Payment Processing Companies we use, and our web hosting supplier and email hosting supplier, based outside the European Union, are compliant with the GDPR.
Your name and email address are added to our mailing list, which uses the Mail Chimp software application. You may unsubscribe at any time, as described above.
Film footage and photographs taken by AODS coaches and staff are stored in our own internal AODS system. All our coaches and staff, and external professionals hired by us, are contracted to be compliant with the GDPR.
How long do we hold your data?
Whenever you enrol, the data you provide is stored in our internal AODS system as described above, and remains there until 2 years after the end of the course (etc) onto which you enrolled, at which point AODS deletes the stored data.
Who can I contact if I have concerns about the use or storage of my personal data?
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. You can request access to your personal data at any time.