Advanced Acting Course
Looking to become a professional actor? Are you already trained or experienced and would like to keep your skills sharp and your network strong?
A bespoke course of around 12 students. The Advanced Acting Course is designed to train at a high level in acting and performing during one evening per week, plus homework and showcase performances to agents.
Work with leading directors and acting coaches such as John Mitchell (former associate director of the Traverse Theatre) Clare Cairns (Founder and Director of Acting Out), Marion Geoffray (Film and TV Director) and in the past Philippos Philippous (award winning writer and director from the National Theatre of Greece).
Terms vary depending on the expert coach, the director, the class and the objective set for each term. In the past students have covered Stanislavski, Michael Chekhov, Adler, Hagen, Strasberg, Meisner, Mamet and many different Theatre Art Forms.
As each term is different students enrol term after term, making places very competitive.
Acting Out wishes to enrol the most able and qualified students for this course. All students should meet the demands of the course and achieve the necessary standard required.
Entry by audition only
You get more than just an Acting Course with Acting Out Drama School
Your Tuition Fee Includes:
-Certified Course with Education Scotland (CPD PLFind)
- Excellent Tuition and training from professional directors and coaches
- Many hours of Training and Performing in Class & The Theatre
- A Bespoke Course of around 12 students
- A Director and normally an Assistant Director for your Performance
- Agency attended performance in the Theatre
- Pathways and Guidance to progressing towards Professional Training
- Feedback on your performance by your Director and Acting Coach
- Homework and Extra Materials outside of class time
- Casting Opportunities
- NUS Student Card (payable to NUS)
- Payment Plans for Early Bookings
SEPTEMBER - DECEMBER 2019
Dates: Thursday 5th September - Thursday 12th December 2019 (running every Thursday)
Times: 7:50pm - 9:50pm
Location: Theatre and Studio, Augustine United Church, 41 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1EL
Payment Plans Available at Checkout
Show is on Friday 6th December (actors in from approx. 4pm - 11pm)
Extra Rehearsals are on Tuesday 3rd December (8pm - 10pm in the Theatre).