Intermediate Acting & Performance Course
Do you have experience in acting and want to take things a little more seriously? Are looking to act at professional standard one day or just add more focus to your training? Acting Out's Intermediate Acting Course focuses on training and performing.
Work with leading directors and acting coaches such as John Mitchell (former associate director of the Traverse Theatre) Clare Cairns (Founder and Director of Acting Out) and Marion Geoffray (Acting Out’s Ensemble and Film & TV Director).
The Intermediate Acting & Performance Level One is for students with experience such as our Beginners Drama Course and/or performing experience beyond school. You do not need to audition to apply.
Focus on methods from highly regarded experts such as Stanislavski, Chekhov & Uta Hagen etc. If your course is a performing term, you will also be casted and directed in an end of term public performance.
Terms vary depending on the expert coach, the director, the class and the objective set for each term. In the past students have covered Stanislavski, Michael Chekhov, Adler, Hagen, Strasberg, Meisner, Mamet and many different Theatre Art Forms.
We run two performing terms a year, as well as some shorter, training terms.
You get more than just an Acting Course with Acting Out Drama School
Your Tuition Fee Includes:
-Certified Course with Education Scotland (CPD PLFind)
- Excellent Tuition and training from professional directors and coaches
- Many Hours of Training and Performing in Class & The Theatre
- A Performance in the Theatre (if your course is a performing course)
- Extra Rehearsals Outside of Class Time
- Feedback on your Acting by your expert Acting Coach
- Pathways and Guidance to progressing towards Advanced & Professional Training
- Homework and Extra Materials outside of class time
- Casting Opportunities
- NUS Student Card (payable to NUS)-
- Payment Plans for Early Bookings
(averaging at around only £8 per hour)
With Public Performance
Thursday 24th January - Thursday 4th July 2019 (running every Thursday)
6pm - 7:30pm
Augustine United Centre, 41 George IV Bridge, EH1 1EL
Show is on Friday 28th June (actors in from approx. 4pm - 11pm)
Extra Rehearsals are on Thursday 20th June and Thursday 27th June 6pm - 10pm
Off for Easter Break on Thursday 11th and 18th April 2019
Around 18 people per class only